Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Have a ---------- day, George

Today is the president’s birthday (he’s 59). In case you were wondering what to get a guy who already has three branches of government, his own flight suit with codpiece, and a servile press, don’t despair! The folks at Think Progress have sifted through his public utterings (ugh) looking for signs of intelligent wishful thinking and come up with this birthday list:
  • A Magic Wand (as in, "I wish I could simply wave a magic wand and lower gas prices tomorrow!" 4-20-05)
  • More Free Time to Work Out (as in, "I wish I had time for a workout!" 11-13-03)
  • Questions Written Out In Advance (etc.)
  • More Time to Fish
  • More Love For One Another
  • A War With A Timetable
  • A War Without Troops
  • A War Without a President
Worth a visit. The quotes and sources are impeccable and, sadly, hilarious.

UPDATE: The DNC has put together a birthday card you can sign for free, as opposed to the tacky RNC version, which requires a donation. Sign it!

Me, I'll just refer to this old Christmas list dictated from the bathtub by my then 4-year-old son, as it seems to be about the right level (though I'm not sure about the banjo and sponges).


No comments: