Somewhere I heard rumors of an actual Bork nomination in the wind. Other tinfoilers are warning of Terra Alerts. Be prepared.
- The White House will be running a communications strategy, so beware of anything they say. In the past 24-hours, the President has given a series of speeches discussing every aspect of his presidency (e.g., business as usual). But they will go on the attack very soon.
- Listen for magic words. Expect the White House to try to control debate by repeating keywords over and over again. So far, they have been quiet. But the specter of 9/11 is never far off. Beware of White House spokesmen who try to discuss 9/11.
- Stay focused. The real issue tomorow is crimes committed by the White House to trick the American people into supporting a war. There is no other issue that comes close to this, tomorrow.
- Do not talk about whether we should stay or pull out of Iraq. That is an important topic, but it will be a distraction tomorrow. The issue is crimes committed against the American people by top officials at the White House.
- Read the White House website. This will help to understand what strategy they are launching.
- Use only the President's name. This crisis is about the President of the United States, the people he hired, the decisions he made and the methods he used. Do not get distracted by too much talk about the names of aides.
- Read a variety of news sources. Follow the story in a variety of media (e.g., print, TV, blogs) to get a full picture of what is going on. Don't become a CNN zombie.
- Talk to co-workers and friends about what's happening. It is important that all Americans follow what is happening. Spread the news. Be the media.
- Keep following the story. It is likely that the story will change several times before it is over.
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Don't be distracted
The Miers withdrawal is no surprise, nor is its timing. Jeff Feldman warns us that this is just the first in what will be a blitzkrieg of distractions thrown our way and offers some pointers for getting through the next 24 hours:
Posted by Alna Dem at 9:30 AM