Tuesday, October 04, 2005

At home with Scott McClellan

I've got work to do but could not resist:

Wife: My mother's coming over for dinner – is that OK?

McClellan: The president and I consider your mother to be a valued ally in the global struggle for nightly sustenance and...

Wife: But do you mind?

McClellan: I've already answered that question.

Wife: Is that a yes or a no?

McClellan: It would be premature and irresponsible to speculate...

Wife: OK, OK, what if she brings dessert?

McClellan: There you go with the "what if" game again. And we can play "what ifs" all day long. I've made very clear that I'll work closely with your mother going forward, but right now I'm focused on seeing that food is delivered to our family tonight.

Wife: [Sigh] Are you going to mow the lawn this weekend? It's pretty damaged after all the rain.

McClellan: Well, again, in terms of the lawn and the rain, we're still focused on the immediate needs of the people on our street and working with them to make sure that our lawn is mowed in accordance with community standards. I'm determined to learn the lessons of the last time I mowed the lawn and --

By Bob Geiger at Yellow Dog.

No comments: