Three things you can do...
- Rally to save the courts. Next Wednesday, April 27, 5 PM, Edward T. Gignoux U.S. Courthouse, Portland. Because Snowe and Collins are swing votes, Maine is a critical state for stopping the right-wing judicial takeover. (I know this is true because I keep getting creepy automated calls from Focus on the Family!)
- Give $10 to somebody who’s fighting for you. The Maine Democratic Party, the Maine Progressive Caucus, the DNC, Boxer’s PAC for Change. If you’re like me, you get so buried in funding requests that sometimes you forget to say “yes.” Pick one and send them something – anything! You’ll feel better. They’ll feel better.
- Visit BuzzFlash and get an eye-opening summary of the news you don’t get from the corporate sources. Also, their titles are hilarious.
- Inconvenient info Bush has scrubbed lately… like the annual report on international terrorism, which they stopped publishing after the government's top terrorism center concluded that there were more terrorist attacks in 2004 than in any year since 1985.
- Non-Christian Air Force cadets are being harassed by evangelicals. This is really sad.
- Good news: Katrina vanden Heuvel at the Nation reports on five environmental victories for this year. Yay!