- First, I introduced bill after bill in the Legislature to create a Ranked Choice Voting election system. They told me it couldn't be done.
- Then, we launched a citizen's initiative. I was stripped of my committee position for doing so.
- Next, the people of Maine voted YES at the ballot box to get ourselves some better politicians.
- Then, the Legislature voted to REPEAL the people's law because they liked the politicians we had.
- So, we launched a People's Veto to stop the repeal. They laughed at us because, "it's impossible."
- We collected 80,000+ signatures in 88 days in subfreezing winter weather to get on the ballot (AGAIN, but who's counting?) and force implementation for the June 12th primary.
- The State would STILL not implement the law. So we sued. And won.
- Then the Senate GOP (and some Democrats) voted to sue to STOP implementation of Ranked Choice Voting.
- Last night, the Maine State Supreme Court ruled in FAVOR of implementing RCV in June, meaning the People won!
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
ANOTHER another updated history of RCV in Maine
Courtesy again of the energetic Diane Russell:
Posted by Alna Dem at 2:12 PM