Saturday, May 24, 2008

Suggestion

UPDATE:
Senator Clinton writes to say,
"Thank you for your message. I have received thousands of emails from people all over the country. Your comments are very important to me and I am excited that so many people are joining our conversation about how to change the direction of the country." She suggests that I volunteer, donate, become a Hillraiser, or otherwise get involved in the campaign. She thanks me again for my interest.

To which I answer:
I'm not interested in joining Team Hillary. You obviously didn't read my comments. I want Senator Clinton to drop out of the race - gracefully and now, please - before she does any more harm to the Democratic Party. Don't send me chirpy emails. Just do what's right and fold up this campaign immediately.

Signed,
A Disgusted Former Hillary Apologist

Senator Clinton, I am a white woman over 50, a loyal Democrat, who has defended and admired you for years. But because of the campaign you have run, I now despise you. This latest musing about RFK's assassination is merely the latest outrage in a long line of slurs, innuendo, personal attacks, vote suppression tactics, and whining. So here's my suggestion:
WITHDRAW FROM THE RACE. GRACEFULLY.
You will not be the nominee. You will not be selected as VP. 2012 is now out of reach for you. Stop tearing down Senator Obama to no purpose and hardening your supporters' opposition to him. We can all see through your desperation. The country is ashamed for you. Salvage what little reputation you have left.
WITHDRAW FROM THE RACE. GRACEFULLY, AND NOW.
Thank you.

No comments: